Honestly, we’re still kind of reeling from this year’s SXSW – both our day concert with Whispertown, Ivan & Alyosha, Lucuius, The Polyphonic Spree, Wild Cub, and the Very Best and our SXSW Almost Live Sessions with Noah Gundersen, The Trouble With Templeton, The Last Bison, Heartless Bastards, and Night Panther. We have many more videos coming from those experiences, but you can view what we have so far [HERE].
All that excitement aside, the world’s musical output has not ceased. Here are six tunes we’ve been geeking over recently.
Per usual, show some love to the artists you’re feeling.
[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/4304966" params="" width=" 100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
01. SNOOP LION + CORI B + DRAKE – “No Guns Allowed” :: Who would have thought that this trio would provide the biggest peace anthem of 2013? Not us, nor the world, which makes this tune even grander.
02. SAY LOU LOU – “Julian” :: The strongly anticipated follow-up to this duo’s debut single “Maybe You,” this song is worth the wait.
03. LAURA MVULA – “That’s Alright” :: The new British soul queen returns with more brass on her next track.
04. MUTYA KEISHA SIOBHAN – “Lay Down In Swimming Pools” :: The original three members of supergroup Sugababes have been working with Solange collaborator Dev Hynes, and he cheekily uploaded this cover mashup the trio cut in the studio.
05. JESSIE WARE – “Imagine It Was Us” :: We’re massive fans of Jessie Ware and her album Devotion, so obviously we’re into this bonus track from the upcoming American version of her debut record.
06. ALICE SMITH – “Cabaret” :: Alice Smith is the most underrated musician creating today. Her second album She, just released, offers up some of the smartest, most articulate jazz-pop in years.